Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bill McGee

Today the world lost a great man. I am proud to say that I not only knew Bill McGee but had the great fortune of growing up with his two sons Shawn and Chris.
While raising their own sons, Bill and Pat took in more kids along the way. I am honored to say that I was a part of this ever-expanding tribe and I see now how their act of kindness was just a small glimpse into Bill and Pat's generosity and overwhelming warmth.
Mr. Billy Frank, if I had to pick one thing in this world that I want you to know with absolute certainty it is this: The group of wild and moderately-degenerate kids you and Pat cared for are now grown men themselves. Even though geographically our group may be apart, our bond remains tight as ever. Your family is in great hands Sir. Rest in peace knowing that.

No comments: