Saturday, March 26, 2011

Watch this: Jake Johnson-Road to Recovery

Injury is an unfortunate part of skateboarding, it's not if but when. I'm glad more and more people are interested in filming not just the best of skateboarding but also the low points. Healing from an injury is not just exhausting physically but also mentally. The long periods of downtime messes with your head. As muscles atrophy from lack of on-board time, your mind can fill with self-doubt as your confidence in your ability lowers each day.
In my personal experiences I have learned that healing from an injury is as much a mental thing as it is physical. Every skateboarder has their own experience with injury and recovery, it's about time a few of them start documenting it.
This edit encompasses a bit of what I've talked about.
I hope a speedy recovery to Jake Johnson.
-MHW

No comments: